Thursday 8 November 2007

Counting the hours now....


So here we are after months of training and raising money we are heading off tomorrow. I arrived back on tuesday from the USA after attending a training weekend in Denver for the Team, Management and Leadership Course I am currently participating in and had the enormous pleasure of spending five days before that with my son Daniel, his lovely wife Brandy and my fabulous grand daughters Kayenta and Jade in Seattle.

So sounds like a jetsetting life but actually just up to having my life work so I can be in Kenya this weekend knowing that everything I promised has been managed. Bound to find out that I missed something.

Julian has been great handling all the bits and pieces like the inner tubes and extra gear that we need and the paracetomol and vaseline etc. We look like a travelling pharmacy.

And its not going to get any less busy when we get back. We have both our Elvis night and the cycling event in Leamington happening within a week of our return. Pictured are some of the kids who will be taking part, together with Stephen, our local Community Support Officer who has been so supportive in helping us plan the Victoria Park event.

No comments: