Sunday 8 July 2007

Errrrhhh….

Yesterday we headed off to Draycote to get some time on our bikes. With all the rain of the last few weeks my training schedule has gone right off. I’ve had a bug and lost a good part of the week. Just finding the time to manage my training hasn’t been a priority and boy did it show in our outing yesterday.

I managed ten miles and frankly I had had enough at the end of it. Just generally felt like crap and exhausted which was a huge disappointment after our successful training weekend in the Derbyshire Dales several weekends ago where we rode 21 miles on the Saturday and a tremendous 38 miles on the Sunday and a shorter outing of 8 miles on the Monday on fairly rigorous (actually Julian says f….ing vertical would be more accurate) terrain. I felt so good after the 38 mile outing that I knew I could do Kenya. I just needed to do more riding to build stamina and power.

Went out again today, Sunday, and only did 5 miles. It felt worse than my first 5 mile outing, crikey dick, can’t believe this. All our good efforts seem to have just dissipated and it wasn’t as if we had had a night on the town either. The upside is I got off my seat to ride uphill and kept the speed up but my breathing was tight most of the ride.

We’re heading back out there on Monday night to break through this patch. Is this how it goes?

No comments: