Wednesday 25 July 2007

The rains came down and the floods came up....

I am reminded of a song we used to sing in sunday school. If you didn't know it rained yet again in the Midlands this weekend with severe flooding in some areas. Warwick has been fortunate in the severe downpours we have been experiencing however the trains were cancelled out of London on friday and I was fortunate to get a National Express coach home. I was lucky as my fellow passenger who was heading to Manchester had been waiting for four or five hours by the time he got on the bus and faced a longer journey ahead after I was dropped off at Coventry at midnight. But pleased to be home safe and dry.

Anyway the long and short of it we didn't get out for a ride as planned so it back on the turbo trainer that sits in our hallway. So I sat on the bike with the front door open and rode anyway. However we need to get out on the roads, feel like my training is slipping away rather than building up.

As I write this I am aware that it is not a good metaphor for my training and as a coach I know that our words create our world and that particular context is not empowering.

Okay so new context - my body is getting stronger and will be ready for the road! Yeah baby yeah!! (the cynics amongst you can read it either way ;-)

No comments: